You can help researchers understand the communication of wolves, dogs, and coyotes.
Click 'How to take part' below for a tutorial guide.
Come listen to the enchanting, haunting, sounds of wolves, coyotes, and dogs, and help us better to understand and conserve these species.
Analysing these recordings is difficult and time consuming. It's easy to make mistakes, and mistakes can change the conclusions that we draw. But here's where you can help! By having hundreds, even thousands, of volunteers giving their own analysis of the canid howls, we can investigate the role of these sounds, and understand more about the social behaviour of the whole range of canid species and breeds.
Follow the instructions on the right, or click on the Tutorial button for more information.
|Please enter your name:|
1. Enter your nickname
2. Click "Get me an image" (this can take a few seconds)
3. Listen to the howl
4. Mark the contour of the howl using mouse clicks
5. Double-click to save the line and start a new one
6. Use different colours for overlapping howls
7. Click "Get me an image" for a new image
8. If you make a mistake, don't worry! Just get a new image